.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Ultimate Edition 2.7

Glenn Cady has announced the release of Ultimate Edition 2.7, an Ubuntu-based distribution on a DVD with several desktop environments and extra software packages: "Ultimate Edition 2.7 was built off Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Ubuntu 10.04). Major difference being that it has been fully updated and has the following environments, user selectable at the login screen: KDE, Xfce, GNOME, LXDE, Openbox. I am not going to do a huge write up on this operating system, I am sure it will be downloaded more then Ultimate Edition 2.6 was. I have said in the past, I am not a KDE man, it looks too much like that 'other OS' I will return to Ultimate Edition 2.6. That does not mean our users are not interested in exploring and using these environments. I have included a Conky script I wrote that will generate as per each computer. This script will be in your home folder when installed (your choice to run it or not)." Here is the brief release announcement for a full list of changes. Download (MD5): ultimate-edition-2.7-x86.iso (2,445MB), ultimate-edition-2.7-x64.iso (2,577MB).

| Free Bussines? |

No comments:

Post a Comment