.

Friday, February 24, 2012

VUE, great application for creating mind maps on Linux

Some time ago I wrote about mind maps , they are and how to use them.Being short, is a way of expressing ideas, thoughts and can be used to exploit a little more the potential of the human brain.
I also told them a couple of applications for Linux to create them.XMind and FreeMind. Today I will comment on one that I found by chance.
VUE (Visual Understanding Environment) is an application that allows creating conceptual maps by adding text, images, attachments and web links. Sumac is a graphical application and has great customization of the display options of the concept map. For example, you can see the pictures in the same map, nodes have many ways and many forms of relationships between nodes. 

VUE is a multiplatform, open source, free and programmed in Java. You can download it from this site or look in the repositories of your distro. In Arch Linux is in the AUR repository .
What I was trying for a while and I must say is a very comprehensive program with many options and may therefore not as intuitive as FreeMind where I feel more comfortable doing everything from the keyboard. But with the images you will notice the power of VUE.

"Application Maps Linux"

| Free Bussines? |

No comments:

Post a Comment